2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
- car will start fine but when you start to take off and give it gas it hesitates and then once I get it to warm up it will excelerate to normal speed
- My truck starts fine, but when i put it in drive and start driving it will only
- my heater on a 2004 silverado LS
- What is the cost to replace both the front and rear differentials?
- truck temptature went to 260 but was not over heating
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Questions
My truck idiols a little rough and when I take off and put my foot on the gas it will hesitate and sputter then when it warms up it will go to regular speed
when i turn on the heat is blows cold air on driver side and hot air on passenger side what do i need to do to fix it
Both front and rear differentials are going bad at the same time.
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.