2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
- When shifting into 4-wheel drive and turning there is a noticable clunking noise
- why is it I have no brakes?
- where can i find a reasonably priced EBCM to fix the issue.
- Driver side window not going up or down. Stumped to what's the problem.
- Why do the headlights go completely off when I change from low to high beam?
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Problems
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Questions
is this a u-joint/cv-joint that is going out? Did not see
this listed as a choice? How difficult/exspensive is this
I thought it was my booster or master cylinder. So I replace them both. Still I haven't got brakes.
ABS and brake lights come on the dashboard at times.