2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
- Any know how's or ideas as to how to get the front yoke out of my t-case
- When shifting into 4-wheel drive and turning there is a noticable clunking noise
- why is it I have no brakes?
- where can i find a reasonably priced EBCM to fix the issue.
- Driver side window not going up or down. Stumped to what's the problem.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Questions
My front drive shaft didn't have one of those rubber boots on it. Is there anyway to be able to get the yoke out of the tcase?
is this a u-joint/cv-joint that is going out? Did not see
this listed as a choice? How difficult/exspensive is this
I thought it was my booster or master cylinder. So I replace them both. Still I haven't got brakes.