2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
- When the service engine light comes on what is the problem with the truck?
- what do i have to do to get the truck running again had codes J1850engine cont,
- What size battery is recommended?
- what is the best way to change a fuel pump i am a plumber taking on this task.
- how do you take the arm rest off of a 1997 1500 Chevy pu, front sets ?
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Problems
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Questions
what are the codes?
codes P0300,P0351-P0359, and P0463. replaced all coils and wires and plugs and crankshaft positioning sensor now the truck wont start will i have to take it to a dealer to put crank sensor through a learning mode
I see a size 78 on the old battery, but not certain if other sizes would work as well.