1999 Chevrolet S10 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet S10
- My truck starts fine but when i release the clutch pedal the engine dies.
- I have a 1999 s10,2.2l in the process of installing a. Crankshaft and bearings,
- I have antifreeze leaking into my oil internally what causes this?
- Why Engine dies after stepping on brake.
- i changed the cooling engine sensor, but now the needle of temperature don't move
1999 Chevrolet S10 Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
1999 Chevrolet S10 Questions
#3 main bearing is different from the others. This bearing will not let the crankshaft drop into position. It is the same size as the others but when installed it becomes too narrow at the sides. I checked measured everything. The #3 cap is narrower from side to side than top to bottom. Is this w...
1999 Chevrolet S10 Reviews
Purchased my S10 with 118000 miles. It has a 4.2 liter vortech engine. It is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Quiet, Very Dependable, lots of power. Most all of the creature comforts, quick starts, great features (tells you if you forget to turn off the turn signals), you can remove the key after parking the car and all the power options continue to work until you open a door. If you o...
The S10 I have is an Extreme Flareside. I have no complaints about this vehicle. It has a 2.2 4 cylinder so it has very good gas mileage. I don't like it being governed at 94 mph.