1999 Chevrolet S10 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet S10
- Whats causing the brake lifht not to work?
- Alternator won't charge when the car is started when warm.
- engine replacement- is 99 the only year I can use in my 99?
- My truck starts fine but when i release the clutch pedal the engine dies.
- I have a 1999 s10,2.2l in the process of installing a. Crankshaft and bearings,
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Chevrolet S10 Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
1999 Chevrolet S10 Questions
ive replaced the bulbs,fuse,and brake plug. I have tail lights but no brake light
When I start and drive it from a "cold" start, the alternator charges as expected; the voltage gage shows in the 14.5v range. When I shut it off and start it back up while still warm (like at a gas station) the volt meter shows around 12v with the battery light on indicating no charge.
1999 Chevrolet S10 Reviews
Purchased my S10 with 118000 miles. It has a 4.2 liter vortech engine. It is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Quiet, Very Dependable, lots of power. Most all of the creature comforts, quick starts, great features (tells you if you forget to turn off the turn signals), you can remove the key after parking the car and all the power options continue to work until you open a door. If you o...
The S10 I have is an Extreme Flareside. I have no complaints about this vehicle. It has a 2.2 4 cylinder so it has very good gas mileage. I don't like it being governed at 94 mph.