1998 Chevrolet S10 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet S10
- causes for both camshaft and crankshaft sensors show fault
- what are causes both cam and crankshaft fault sensors to be on at same time
- Truck is over heating when going up hill and is losing antifreeze.
- Why will it start and run about 4 seconds after changing the ignition switch.
- 98 s-10 wont turn over after hitting pole on front right side.
1998 Chevrolet S10 Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
1998 Chevrolet S10 Questions
starts and runs rough and eats gas bad
The head gasket has been changed, thermostat was changed,, water pump was changed aprox. 1 1/2 years ago.
Also the air bag light comes on and off.
I changed the ignition switch because it would sometimes crank and sometimes would not. After changing it, the truck will start, but the engine goes dead after about 4 seconds. I checked the diagnostic codes, but don't have any. In the live data on my code reader, the fuel system shows OL. I ...