2001 Chevrolet Prizm Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Prizm
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Chevrolet Prizm Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2001 Chevrolet Prizm Questions
Just bought this car new. Check Engine Light came on OBDII PO420 (indicating inlet/outlet readings out of range.) So what's the most common cause of this particular failure? O2 sensor(s) bad? Catalytic converter bad? Ethanol fuel (need ECM 'flashed'?)
Don't want to just throw...
I sprayed carb cleaner on it, started, engine light is off. took to auto zone & codes P0300 and P0171. What should I repair,if the light is off? I don't want to put alot of $ into if not needed. But, don't want to get stranded again although car is running great again. Confused
P300 code at times, replaced spark plugs and ignition coils. Started after Toyota did timing cover reseal by one of their reprimanded mechanics.
2001 Chevrolet Prizm Reviews
This is our 2nd Prizm, our other one is a 1990.They are wonderful,reliable cars that get great gas mileage. They were both bought used from car rental agencies. Few people realize they're Toyota Corolla autos by another name. We feel badly they no longer make these cars, would continue to buy them when needed.
I bought this car used in 2003 and have put over 200,000 tough miles on it. It's still going strong on the original engine. Gas mileage is decent (although my old Geo Metro was much better). Have had to replace both front door locking mechanisms due to wear, which was expensive, $350-$400 each. And am having a little oil leakage. Other than that it's still in great shape even though I in no way...
I love my chevy prism! American Made, but corolla engine, best of both worlds. Dont want to let it go! limits to love- the interior and plastic peel and plastic is broken, door handle outside broken,interior roof fabric peeling, oil leaking-need to supplement every month. Best car ever.