2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- When trying to accellerate my car will rev up but doesn't want to get into gear
- White smoke out exhaust a stall and jerk when I accelerate..any suggestions?
- don't know why is my car jerking
- My car has multiple problems. I will list them in order of occurrence.
- Why would my low beam and drl lights not work?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions
When at a steady driving rate, I get a slight jerking, and when accelerating (uphill or on the flat) it will jerk more, like it is shifting in and out of overdrive. Goes away when the tranny shift down into 3rd (or a hard accelerating to flooring it).
Is it time for trans replace or ?
I went to change my oil yesterday and realized i was about 2 quarts low. Then when i looked in the coolant reservoir I noticed it was real oily. I stuck a screw driver in it just to see and it seems to be oil. I dont know if my Manifold gasket is the issue?
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
General Motors is recalling 2004 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo, and Pontiac Grand Prix models because they were produced with lower than specified torque on both front brake caliper to steering knuckle attachment bolts. If one or both bolts fracture, reduced braking and steering control could cause a crash. Dealers will tighten both bolts to the specified torque.
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews
have 2004 chevy montecarlo with 18,000 orig miles. electrical panel keeps going nuts - the whole thing lights up. the speedometer does not always work. sometimes it registers 20 mph when I am actually doing around 60 mph. Anyone have any suggestions or similar problem?
Bought a 2004 Dale Jr. Monte Carlo SS with 25,000 miles on it. Nice car except the interior sucks. The dash curled up in the front, the emergency flasher switch fell into the dash and plastic pieces out, probably some our the mounting hardware. The headlight sockets keep burning up and when I went to check them a clip broke that holds the lamp in and I am being told I have to but the whole hea...
2004 monte carlo ss, the headlights are staying on after the car is shut off