2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- how tight should the serpentine belt be on a 2003 chevy monte carlo LS?
- I cant find an estimate price for replacing the e-brake equalizer
- on this car it runs great, but now and then it will not run at low RPM's
- BEST METHOD TO SERVICE TRANSMISSION
- WANT TO CHANGE GAS FILTER. HOW DO I DEPRESSUREIZE THE GAS.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions
Do I have to tighten the bolt on the belt tensioner to do so? I had mistakenly taken the belt tensioner off completely to change the belt. I put it back on the right way, but I want to be sure about the tension cause ive heard too much tension can burn out the alternator
I'm trying to change my water pump, but I can't loosen the tension pulley to remove the serpentine belt. The tension pulley has a square hole that I can't fit any sockets into, what kind of tool do you need to loosen the tension pulley so that i can remove the serpentine belt?
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
The owner's manual does not explain the child restraint anchor location symbols for the lower universal anchorage system. This does not meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. Owners were sent supplements to the owner's manual explaining the location symbols in the vehicle. The recall began August 18, 2003. The GM recall number is 03039.
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews
Overall this car is great. I live in the Midwest which means I must handle extreme weather--cold or hot. This car handles very well on ice, however, it doesn't take much to get this car stuck in snow since it rides so low to the ground. For some reason, the radio facing gets abnormally hot to the touch. One major headache has been the breaks specifically the rotors. I've had to rotate and repl...
Love my 2003 SS! 611,200km and still running! Just changed my first water pump and alternator in it this winter!
I have been pretty rough on this car but it has served me well. The only issues I've had are with the oxygen sensors and the catalytic converter. Both have had to be replaced multiple times. Other than that I have 132k miles on this baby and she still has some get up and go.