1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- where do the two heater hoses connect from firewall to the engine where does the intake connect to engine and where thr out take hose connect my granddaughter had a problem out and about someone stopped to assist her because she was losing anti freeze .
- no low beam headlight, do have bright light.replaced both low beam bulbs & relay
- HOW DO I TAKE OFF THE INSIDE DRIVER SIDE DOOR COVER
- Need to have the car certified as to it being none drivable ?
- my electrical harness has wires starting to corrode. whats the cost of replace?
1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.
1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions
smoke is come in the vents from the motor , it's starts but there to much smoke coming in from the vents and from under the hood
The check engine light is on, and when it dies it may not restart for an hour or longer. It starts puttering at stops, and eventually dies altogether.
when you crank it and let it idle it bigins to surge and try to die
1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews
i purchased this car 2 years ago-spent @ $1000 getting it into shape and have driven it with no problems since. however, i didn't pass my emissions test and now am waiting to see what i need to repair it and if it is worth it.......
i bought this car and it runs really good just the ac it takes a bit for cool air to go to the back