1999 Chevrolet Malibu Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
- when I'm putting gas into the car it spits it out like the tank is full
- check engine light on and miss firing in coil set. we must change total coil set
- How much should it cost in labor and used parts to replace the rack and pinion?
- I was driving and i hit my brake peadal and the petal was real hard
- head gasket set for 1999 malibu 3.1, and intake gasket set
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Problems
The passlock sensor in the ignition lock cylinder may fail causing an anti-theft system fault and a no start condition. Our technicians tell us that the ignition lock cylinder should be replace to correct this condition.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Questions
even when the tank is empty and if i force it in it drains out. The gas gage just started to stop working and then working.
Hi, in my car(1999 chevy malibu,4 cylinder) check engine light is on, and it is shaking when car is started & drive with lower than 20Mph. when i shown to some of known mechanics they said problem in coil set & i must reply the hole set because in my car have total 4 coil in one set. Can ...
I just had a newer engine put in this car. I have too much money in it to junk it. It has a new tranny, all brakes, rear axle, windshield, springs, hubs, etc.... I just spent $1500 on the engine swap. Same guy is doing the work, but I need a heads up on the upcoming cost. I'll be using ...
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews
About a year ago I started hearing a thumping noise, mostly when I turned left but also at other times. I only had about 115,000 miles so it was not like the car was totally shot. I took it to a local shop who diagnosed it as the left front lower control arm. We did the repair, cost about $250, and I thought that was it. Wrong! The noise was still there so I went back. This time I was tol...
Front suspension went at about 65,000 miles. Both rear window regulators failed soon after that. Always been an issue with the A/C switch---it often turns off, so the cool air suddenly goes warm. Not a horrible car, but definitely has enough issues to make me not want to buy another Chevy.
Bought this car brand new, have always taken god care of it like any responsible owner should and in return has treated us well. Has never left us broke down on the side of the road. That said we have done some expensive maintenance to it, but thats just it Maintencance. We replaced the head gaskets, and intake manifold gasket. Just replaced the exhaust system, the a/c heat control panel, no p...