2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
- location of oil pressure sender
- Is it common to have the rack and pinion replaced on these?
- Problems with car powering down while driving at 65 miles a hour.
- why is ABS/brake/traction light on,brakes work fine,not always on.
- I have about 75,000 miles on my car. When should I be changing my timing belt?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Problems
Various issues with the electric power steering system may develop and could require replacement of steering column assembly.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
Various electrical issues may be caused by poor terminal contact at the body control module (BCM) electrical connectors. Proper diagnoses will be required to confirm faults are related to poor BCM connections.
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Questions
ck engine code reported oil pressure sender. have part but cannot find location. need assistance. tk you
My 2004 Malibu Maxx has only 72,000 miles on it and I have had to have the rack and pinion replaced on it because my steering went out on it. Previous to it going out for about a week or so I would hear creaking noises when I turned the wheel. The mechanic I took it to said the rack and pinion ...
changed disc pads about a month ago while driving hit pot hole
and now the Abs/traction control/and brake light come on and stay on until turn off car when restart its off the will come on when put in reverse some times or when hitting rough spot, the brakes work fine
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Recalls
Increased resistance in an electrical connection at the body control module (BCM) may result in voltage fluctuations in the brake pedal sensor circuit. These fluctuations can cause concerns with various systems that monitor the position of the brake pedal, any of which would increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will reprogram the brake pedal sensor to correct these concerns.
The vehicles being recalled are equipped with an electric power steering (EPS) assist system. The EPS can fail unexpectedly while driving. If this were to occur, steering ability would be maintained but much greater effort would be necessary to steer the vehicle, especially at slow speeds. One of four remedies will be applied depending on the model and year. Parts are not yet available so expect a second notification when they are.
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Reviews
This has been a most excellent little car for me. Love the gas mileage. I've had to have the steering column replaced once and drivers' seat has been broke twice. We welded it each time but frame still breaks. Not a fatty either. :) A cd is stuck in my player, it won't eject. I've had this issue for about 5 years. Radio commercials are killing me. The bushings wore out in the stabilizer bar. I ...
Lots of good things about this car but the bad things far outweigh them. Power steering problems requiring replacement of the steering column and PS system 3 times ($650 each time). Front turn signal lights overheat melting the amber plastic globes, discoloring the front headlight assemblies and requiring frequent bulb replacement ($250 mat'l cost for each headlight assy). Drivers seat frame...