1999 Chevrolet Lumina Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet Lumina
- My signal arm in stuck in the down position, left. I am unable to use my signals
- 10 amp fuse in transmission select circuit
- Can you use a turn signal switch without cruise control, to replace one that had
- why would my tail lights stop working when i replaced the turn signal switch?
- Looks like the timing chain cover is leaking anti-freeze. Is this a DIY problem?
1999 Chevrolet Lumina Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The rubber section of an automatic transmission cooler line may develop a fluid leak . In some cases the leaking section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this concern.
The engine temperature sensor wire for the engine temperature gauge, or warning light, may touch the rear exhaust manifold causing a short to ground causing erratic operation of the temperature gauge or warning light.
1999 Chevrolet Lumina Questions
mytail lights worked un til i replaced my turn signal switch. My break lights didn't work unless i pulled on the switch so i replaced it. now tail lights wont work and i checked all fuses and bulbs.
Engine has 143K miles on it. I'm the third owner. Leak is at bottom left of the front of engine, close to firewall on passenger side. If this isn't a DIY problem, how many hours should I expect a competent garage to take to fix it?