1997 Chevrolet Lumina Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Chevrolet Lumina Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
1997 Chevrolet Lumina Questions
The engine will shut off like its out of fuel checked fuel pressure its right on the money after replacing fuel filter after sitting for 15 mins car starts and runs fine for a bit any ideas? And it has a full tank of gas
chev lumina 3.0 engine 1997
I have replaced spark plugs,wires, o2 sensor,coil packs now to whats it doing chugging really bad when at a stop ,hesitation when i press on gas,smells like fuel when im stopped and its died on me a few times at red lights tough to start back up when first starting sometimes it starts rough to im...
1997 Chevrolet Lumina Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Lumina Reviews
Ive had my 1997 chevy lumina for about 8 or 9 years,Ive never had any major problems I just recently put a new battery and alterator in it. Im have to have new struts, Ive never done anything to the exhaust system since Ive had the car. Its the best car Ive ever owned.
I have had this car for 5 yrs as a work car, It has 130,000 miles and I have changed the oild maybe 1 time a year since I got it, i know thats stupid but its just a work car and I dont care. Very reliable. Had a coolant leak somewhere but I put bars leaks in it and it stopped, and I think a motor mount is shot but this car runs smooth and strong.
my Lumina runs good at all speeds except when passing or climbing a steep hill then I get a miss on cylinder 4 replaced coil plug and plug wire