1996 Chevrolet Lumina Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Lumina
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1996 Chevrolet Lumina Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
1996 Chevrolet Lumina Questions
Newer radiator,just had leaks repaired @ throttle body cooling circuit a month ago. Yest the low coolant sensor blew out of radiator body. What holds that sensor in? 96 lumina van 3.4L
My car is a 1996 chevy lumina
Service engine soon light came on. Car overheated and cracked the head gasket. Approx how much should it cost to replace the head gasket?
1996 Chevrolet Lumina Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Lumina Reviews
Car is pretty much trouble free. Long time no problems.
I have a 1996 chevy lumina. Bought it about 5 1/2 years ago with about 110k miles. 55k miles later it is still going strong after many repairs. Fuel pressure regulator fuel rail bracket and orings injector orings twice head gaskets intake gaskets twice exhaust gaskets valve cover gaskets thermostat throttle cable battery twice starter twice water pump exhaust manifold both oxygen sensors tir...
I currently own a 96 Lumina with 75,000 miles and I used to own a 94 Lumina with 170,000 miles on it. The 94 ran like a champ...I honestly feel like I would still have her if my car accident didnt happen. But I have a newer one now and its great, no leaks, no serious problems just yet..just needs routine stuff. Its a fantasticly made vehicle, I would buy another one in a fricken heartbeat!