2006 Chevrolet Impala Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Impala
- Oil still leaking on driveway - oil pan replaced last week at a cost of $500.00
- what should a GM dealership charge to diagnose / replace an oil pressure sensor
- I have gone through 4 front left wheel bearings in 18 monthes. Is this common
- where is the A/C unit for a 2006 Impala
- how do i recharge ac with acpro
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2006 Chevrolet Impala Problems
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.
2006 Chevrolet Impala Questions
Converter temp is about 400 in center and front is about 390 the code says throttle body but I think it is converter cause temp and when I put reg gas in it is fine but it did that with e 85 in it n yes it is flex
2006 Chevrolet Impala Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will install two 13mm key rings and key insert into the vehicle's ignition keys to correct this concern.
2006 Chevrolet Impala Reviews
We bought the car new, now has 49K miles. It came with bad alignment, no sign of it until the tires wore out at 25K miles. The remote control failed after four years. The dealer said they put in bad modules until March of 67. The dealer wanted $650 to repair, had it done at a car alarm shop for $160. The steering shaft started clunking at around 40K miles, haven't had it repaired. The car...
Bought a 2006 Impala with 70,000 on it. Had all kinds of problems off the bat. Warning said it was low on oil when it wasn't. Warning said electrical system wasn't charging right, HOWEVER.... My mechanic saw a service bulletin and called me and said the computer needed to be reprogrammed. He reprogrammmed the computer and knock on wood I have had no major problems since! Just a tip for anyone ...
i have had car 2 month. it have 161,141 miles ride good. just one problem have a large leak in vacum line.