2004 Chevrolet Impala Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Impala
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2004 Chevrolet Impala Problems
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.
2004 Chevrolet Impala Questions
after going through deep wate, the car starts but runs rough and stalls, untill warmed up.
2004 Chevrolet Impala Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
General Motors is recalling 2004 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo, and Pontiac Grand Prix models because they were produced with lower than specified torque on both front brake caliper to steering knuckle attachment bolts. If one or both bolts fracture, reduced braking and steering control could cause a crash. Dealers will tighten both bolts to the specified torque.
2004 Chevrolet Impala Reviews
The car is basically solid but the number of expensive off the wall repairs is intolerable. First to go was ABS sensors, than instrument cluster, than ignition switch. Each repair was over $400. Car has less than 50k on it.
My lighter don't work
good car but the wipers wants to keep running after they are shut off and the temp control for the drivers side quit working