2004 Chevrolet Impala Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Impala
- My blower for the air conditioner quit working. Also,all the gauges quit too?
- the power windows don't work; they won't go down or up when button is pressed
- Where is the anti-theft relay located on a 2004 Chevy Impala?
- can a new hub assembly with abs wire be used on car without the abs wire
- Pressure solenoide may need tobe fixed in transmission
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Chevrolet Impala Problems
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with your local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2004 Chevrolet Impala Questions
parts store did not have non abs hub in stock said these will work just snip off the wire and it will be fine to use live in rural area from store and only have the one car.have several miles on car, started hearing roaring noise from front on highway driving, after research decided to replace fr...
If they have not, as the current owner how do get them done?
2004 Chevrolet Impala Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
General Motors is recalling 2004 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo, and Pontiac Grand Prix models because they were produced with lower than specified torque on both front brake caliper to steering knuckle attachment bolts. If one or both bolts fracture, reduced braking and steering control could cause a crash. Dealers will tighten both bolts to the specified torque.
2004 Chevrolet Impala Reviews
My lighter don't work
The car is basically solid but the number of expensive off the wall repairs is intolerable. First to go was ABS sensors, than instrument cluster, than ignition switch. Each repair was over $400. Car has less than 50k on it.
good car but the wipers wants to keep running after they are shut off and the temp control for the drivers side quit working