2001 Chevrolet Impala Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Impala
- my transmission is not holding revs it bounces above and below the one.
- how do i remove crank shaft pully it is stuck on shaft
- Electrical. No brake,tail,blinkers. Or both blinkers flash.
- I would like to know where the drive side climate acuator is located.
- my car radio stopped putting out sound first then all inside lights quit
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Chevrolet Impala Problems
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with your local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2001 Chevrolet Impala Questions
Rats ate wiring in motor area. When turn signal on. Both rear lights flash. No brake lights at times then 1. Dim tail lights, head light dim. Dashboard lights work. Temp gauge not working.
2001 Chevrolet Impala Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
A fuel return line may sever in a frontal collision, which could cause a fuel leak. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire.
No noticeable symptoms may be present, but a fire hazard is potentially dangerous, so have the vehicle inspected immediately.
What Do I Do?
Contact your dealer to see if your vehicle is affected by the recall. They will install a brake master cylinder bracket that will maintain positioning of the fuel line in a frontal crash.
2001 Chevrolet Impala Reviews
I like the car, but to many problems. The security system won't let me start my car sometimes...have to reset battery, powering steering sucks.
Hi bought my 2001 Chevy impala from a one owner 2/2013 with only 58,000 original miles well the car is a good running car excellent on gas, it's a fast car I love it but the cons are 1. My door opener key clicker don't work put new batteries still has to open doors with key dealer say they couldn't program it there's problem with security system issue 2. When driving indicators works when they ...
Good car, engine frame has a small squeek, but otherwise a great car.