2010 Chevrolet HHR Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Chevrolet HHR
- Will not shift out of park with brake engaged.
- Issue with rear brake lights- intermittently will come w/o brakes being applied.
- Found a 2010 hhr that had damage to front end. Needs abs wheel sensor replaced-
- my manual clutch started slipping and now the care won't move. It sounds like the car is in neutral. Is there anything besides a new clutch that can be done/
- besides the clutch, I have had problems with the eps coming on and causing probl
2010 Chevrolet HHR Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2010 Chevrolet HHR Questions
It doesn't happen every time. The shifter button only goes in half way. I need to know if it could be the brake pedal sensor or the shifter itself.
Happens more often when the weather is cooler. I think this has nothing to do with it, but my daughter insisted that I mention it.
Should I buy or walk away?
2010 Chevrolet HHR Recalls
In order to help prevent rollaway type accidents, all late model vehicles are designed so that the transmission must be in park (or reverse for a manual transmission) before the ignition switch can be turned to the "off" position and the key removed. These vehicles are being recalled because the key can be removed when the ignition is not in the "off" position, increasing the risk of a rollaway type accident. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and replace the ignition lock cylinder as necessary. 2 new keys will also be supplied and programmed as required.
The vehicles being recalled are equipped with an electric power steering (EPS) assist system. The EPS can fail unexpectedly while driving. If this were to occur, steering ability would be maintained but much greater effort would be necessary to steer the vehicle, especially at slow speeds. One of four remedies will be applied depending on the model and year. Parts are not yet available so expect a second notification when they are.