2009 Chevrolet HHR Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Chevrolet HHR
- windshield washer does not spray from either front or back
- why does check tire pressure light keeps coming on?
- I had the oil changed yesterday and now my car have a different sound to it
- Stopped at red light then no forward drive , reverse perfect.
- what were the OEM brand tires & size on the "09 Chevrolet HHR
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2009 Chevrolet HHR Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2009 Chevrolet HHR Questions
I have checked it several times at different times. How do I turn it off? Where do I turn it off?
My CAR are vibate and long I put gas to it it run find soon I get off the gas I here a knocking sound to my car do I have enough oil in my car
When finally engaged 1min approx , shifts normal all gears after 20km. Will climb steep grade at 20km with no slip. Replaced both shift and pressure soleniods, filter and fluid 6 . Still- reverse engage and full torque. Forward slip in all forward settings at first till late engagement and in gea...
2009 Chevrolet HHR Recalls
In order to help prevent rollaway type accidents, all late model vehicles are designed so that the transmission must be in park (or reverse for a manual transmission) before the ignition switch can be turned to the "off" position and the key removed. These vehicles are being recalled because the key can be removed when the ignition is not in the "off" position, increasing the risk of a rollaway type accident. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and replace the ignition lock cylinder as necessary. 2 new keys will also be supplied and programmed as required.
The vehicles being recalled are equipped with an electric power steering (EPS) assist system. The EPS can fail unexpectedly while driving. If this were to occur, steering ability would be maintained but much greater effort would be necessary to steer the vehicle, especially at slow speeds. One of four remedies will be applied depending on the model and year. Parts are not yet available so expect a second notification when they are.
The shifter cable adjustment may become dislodged. This may cause the vehicle to show that it is in "Park," when it could actually be in another gear. If this happens, the vehicle may move and not be secure. Dealers will inspect the shift cable adjustment clip to make sure it is fully engaged, and will replace any shift cables that cannot be secured. The General Motors recall number is 09041. The recall began on March 24, 2009.
2009 Chevrolet HHR Reviews
i HAVE HAD PROBLEMS FROM DAY ONE WITH THE AIRBAG LIGHT COMING ON ALL THE TIME EVEN WHEN NO ONE IN THE SEAT. ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE DOOR OPENING FOB WORKING ONLY HALF THE TIME EVEN WHEN NEW BATTERY IN FOB. I THINK THERE IS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE WIRING HARNESS IN GENERAL. THER SHOULD BE A RECALL FOR THE AIRBAG PROBLEM AS IS MAJOR SAFETYU ISSUE AS AIR BAGS WILL NOT DEPLOY WHEN HIT !i AM WA...
The front passenger seat belt tightens up cinching passenger against the seat. Very hard to get the belt unbuckled. We were quoted a price of $140.00 to buy the part to fix the problem, also the belt has always been hard to unbuckle. But I love our HHR it is sporty and fun to drive.
Bought brand new in 2009, Chevy HHR, LS with 2.2 and automatic transmision...The car has been a reliable vehicle and the only issue I have had is that the front struts were leaking at 36,000 miles. I replaced the struts and rear shocks at 41,000 with Gabriels. Trany was flushed at 42,000, Oil & filter changes done with full synthetic evry 6k, Front brakes replaced at 42,000 and stock firestone ...