2006 Chevrolet HHR Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet HHR
- why hasnt there been a recall for the power steering pump?
- Stuck in park; was told there IS a kill switch but couldn't find.
- Oil Leaking from above starter....draining down and puddling on the ground
- water on driver side. when it rains the floor is totally soaked with a puddle
- Why do my gauges calibrate and then just stop working?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2006 Chevrolet HHR Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
THIS CAR HAS A RELAY FOR THE STARTER .. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS... PUSH ON ALL THE RELAYS AND FUSES ( UNDER THE HOOD ,DRIVERS SIDE, IN A BLACK BOX.. REMOVE COVER CAREFULLY ) AND YOU MIGHT FIND ONE THAT IS A BIT LOOSE .. THIS HAPPENED TO MY BRAND NEW HHR.. I HAD TO INFORM MY DEALER WHO NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM...
DO THIS BEFORE YOU REPLACE THE STARTER OR BATTERY...
2006 Chevrolet HHR Questions
dear dealer something has to b done with the power steering pump.first it cost $385 for the part then the cost to put it in. which didn't help!!!! then the battery started all kinds of trouble.then i found out a fuse label eps fuse was the problem to the power steering pump. but it kept blowi...
I still have different speeds but can barly feel any air coming out
2006 Chevrolet HHR Recalls
In order to help prevent rollaway type accidents, all late model vehicles are designed so that the transmission must be in park (or reverse for a manual transmission) before the ignition switch can be turned to the "off" position and the key removed. These vehicles are being recalled because the key can be removed when the ignition is not in the "off" position, increasing the risk of a rollaway type accident. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and replace the ignition lock cylinder as necessary. 2 new keys will also be supplied and programmed as required.
These vehicles are being recalled because the weight on the key ring and/or a jarring event while driving may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine. If the key is not in the run position, the air bags may not deploy in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern.
The door on the dash storage bin may not stay closed in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will install a redesigned latch to correct this issue. This recall will begin on December 23, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08157.
2006 Chevrolet HHR Reviews
Bought this car new. I have had no problems with it until a recall on the dash glove box latch. Had service done and now 1 year later the latch for the lid came loose. I have 59000 miles on it now. I love the way this car drives and handles in turns,very sporty.The car has some cheap plastic parts,i.e. dash glove box latch,but really,what car on the market today does not use cheap plastic parts...
have an 06 hhr and love it the only problem with 45000 miles on it is the hatch that stop working and the door handle that broke off.. one other thing was the rotors that had to be replace twice. I love the car but don't understand with the miles being so low was why has these problems come up. Chevy needs to check these problems out and make a better fix to these problems.
front windshield wipers do not work. wiper motor has been tested and works. switch on steering column tests okay. concern it might be body control module.