1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30)
- can you plug in a scanning tool into the computer on the 1996 Chevy G30 van.
- what is the large control module looking box under the chassis.
- the engine will not start, have plenty of power and starter cranks,
- Is it possible to bypass a/c compressor with another belt or pulley?
- Transmission does not want to shift up, stays in low. reverse and neutral fine.
1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Questions
actually started for about 30 seconds, has fuel, can't smell fuel
I would like to remove/bypass a/c compressor for repair and still operate vehicle, looking for way to drive to repair shop.
Fluid level is where it should be.
1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Recalls
1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Reviews
my truck over heats i pull the sparks plugs out and chank it over i didn't see any water pumping out. i also took out the thermostat