1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30)
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Recalls
1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Reviews
I own a G30 Extended Van with HD emissions. It runs great and have had little problems with it. The biggest problem is Rust. Though the main body from about 1 foot up is in great shape the bottom rockers and panels are rusted out. I am in the process of replacement. The 350 HD engine is simple to work on and has plenty of power for a big horse like the one ton extended. A 7.4 would be even bett...