1990 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20)
- I HAVE PUT 4 CAN OF FREON 134 AND THE COMPRESSOR IS WORKING BUT IT IS NOT COLD
- Is a new differential needed or can the old one be fixed?
- 86 Chevy van 20 transmission is hard to get into gear but once it warms up and
- It wont crank over.
- Won't even crank. "Brake" dashboard light comes on when key is turned.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1990 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Questions
I have a 1989 Chevy G20 conversion van with a 5.0L engine, a TH400 transmission, and a nasty metallic noise in the back. The mechanic says it's the differential and it's time to start shopping for a new/used one. Is a full replacement really necessary when the van only has 54,000 mi...
Goes into gear it drives and changes out great what could be my problem I've already changed the strainer and module valve
1990 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Recalls
1990 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) Reviews
i have a 1990 chevy g20 van and since iv had it i took it for a test drive the first day i have had it and only went about a mile and a half from home and started going up hill is when i had lost power and costed to the side of the road and would start it had sounded like i was out of gas>when i had finally made it home finally after getting it towed i had a mechanic come out and look at it and...
I had the same issue as with the idle, turned out to be a combination of a bad EGR valve and I replaces the pick up coil in the distrbutor for 22.00, just knocked out the dist. gear pin with a punch and hammer, put the new one on and it purred like a G20 kitten. Before you do that though check your fuel pressure to be between 9-13 if its lower that may be the prob.
I had the same thing happen on our 1991 g20. Found a fuse for the fuel pump was all it was! Hope this helps!