1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G10) Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G10)
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G10) Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1996 Chevrolet G Series Van (G10) Questions
My chevy van has been stalling when it gets heated up and the outside temperature is 70+ degrees. It seems that after running in the heat the oil pressure begins to drop when idling. Mechanics have said it is the transmission but I have been running the van fine in the Winter for 2 years with n...
MY VAN DIES, AND/OR WILL NOT RESTART, AFTER DRIVING IN WARM/HOT WEATHER,DOES NOT HAPPEN IN WINTER TIME, AND ENGINE NEVER RUNS HOT?
doors will not unlock with any of the power door lock switches (driver, front passenger, side or rear door). I replaced the driver's electric door lock switch - no help. The 25A accessory fuse is good. Any suggestions?