2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Chevrolet Express 3500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Problems
2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Questions
2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Recalls
Certain vehicles are being recalled because if a crash were to occur not requiring deployment of the front airbags, the head of an unbelted front seat passenger could hit the instrument panel, resulting in personal injury because the panel may not sufficiently absorb the impact. As of this writing, General Motors is still working on a remedy for this concern.
IMPCO Technologies installed a compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system as original equipment on certain 2011-2013 full size GM vans. These vans are being recalled because the electrical connector on the fuel shut off solenoid can corrode, causing the connector to overheat, increasing the risk of a fire. Both dealers and fleet operators will be performing the necessary updates to correct this concern. The corrections include: replacing the fuel shut off solenoid, fuel pump fuse, and adjusting the wiring routing.
The steering gear pitman shaft may not have been adequately hardened and could break. If this occurs, a loss of steering ability will result, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the steering gear and replace the steering gear pitman shaft if necessary to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12005.