2004 Chevrolet Express 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Express 2500
- Hello everybody, chevy express 2500 4.8 don't want to start some times it does
- Van stated speeding up while driving with the cruise control set. I applied the
- Where is the thermostat located
- The temperature gauge will go to max and then a few minutes later it goes back
- Remote release side panels quit working.Is there a relay/fuse or remote receiver
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Chevrolet Express 2500 Problems
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
2004 Chevrolet Express 2500 Questions
Sometimes it sounds like it is the battery is dead, sometimes it sounds like the starter not enough power to turn the engine and sometimes it acts like nothing is wrong with it, please help if you may have an idea of what's going on. Thank you.
Where is the thermostat located
to normal. The van never does run hot. What would cause this? Thanks
2004 Chevrolet Express 2500 Recalls
On vehicles equipped with a left side cargo door, water and road contaminants may become trapped in the protective conduit that covers the fuel filler pipe, which can cause the pipe to corrode. Significant corrosion may allow fuel to leak during refueling, and in the presence of an ignition source, this could cause a fire. Dealers will install a new fuel filler neck to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12166.
On certain vans, the front and rear seat belts will not latch or unlatch. In a crash, the risk of injury is increased if the seat occupant is not properly restrained. Dealers will inspect the seat belt buckles, and will replace the buckle assembly if the buckle is found to be inoperative. If the buckle is found to function, only the upper buckle cover will be replaced. The recall began March 15, 2006. The GM recall number is 05113.
On two vehicles, the high mount (third) brake lens may not reflect enough light to meet Federal standards. Following vehicles may not adequately see the brake lamps, increasing the risk of a rear-end crash. Quality Coaches is working with Audiovox to replace the center high-mounted brake lamp assembly. The recall began November 23, 2005. The Quality/ASA recall number is VCCBLCHV.
2004 Chevrolet Express 2500 Reviews
I have had several Express vans over the years. This one and the others all had problems with the rear a/c lines leaking due to the way they are mounted. The other main problem is the side door hinges seize up due to rust, and yes I kept them lubricated. Both of these problems have been occurring for several years and are expensive repairs if completed at a dealer. These design problems sho...
GREAT PASSENGER VAN WITH OVER 100K. HAVE HAD TO REPLACE WATER PUMP TWICE. NOT SO CHEAP. ELECTRICAL WIRING SYSTEM POORLY DESIGNED ACCESS. INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH PROBLEM ALONG WITH REAR BACK-UP LIGHT FAILURE. I REALLY LIKE THIS VAN. WITH ITS SMALL PROBLEMS.