1999 Chevrolet Express 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet Express 2500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
1999 Chevrolet Express 2500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
1999 Chevrolet Express 2500 Questions
The temperature guage moves to a hot temp and then back to normal repeatedly during operation. I had a radiator leak and put in stop leak. What causes this?
Ive parked my van because it started squeaking in the front. What causes this?
Sat in Driveway for two days, very cold weather.