1999 Chevrolet Express 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet Express 2500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
1999 Chevrolet Express 2500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1999 Chevrolet Express 2500 Questions
Sat in Driveway for two days, very cold weather.
They put 61/2 qtrs in my car and said I'm still a half low but my van only takes 5 what happens when you over fill plus oil is splattered and dripping near the oil pan
If I jump the starter solenoid with the ignition key in the on position it start up. After itnruns for a while it will crank with the ignition key, but if I let it set for a while I have to jump the starter solenoid again