2009 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Chevrolet Express 1500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Chevrolet Express 1500 Problems
One or both secondary air injection check valves may become restricted causing poor air flow resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. It is often recommend to replace both check valves even if a fault code is set for only one bank of cylinders. Replacing only one valve may result in a return trip to the repair shop.
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.
2009 Chevrolet Express 1500 Questions
The latch on my 2009 chevrolet express sliding side door will work 3 or 4 times then you cannot open the door.
2009 Chevrolet Express 1500 Recalls
Certain vehicles are being recalled because if a crash were to occur not requiring deployment of the front airbags, the head of an unbelted front seat passenger could hit the instrument panel, resulting in personal injury because the panel may not sufficiently absorb the impact. As of this writing, General Motors is still working on a remedy for this concern.
Certain vehicles, fitted with a specific Braun wheelchair lift, has a roll stop latch on the outer barrier of the wheelchair lift that may become bent or misaligned over time and with frequent use. Main Mobility is working with Braun to notify owners and Braun dealers will repair the lift as necessary to correct this concern. This recall only pertains to vehicles altered by Main Mobility. General Motors and Ford are NOT involved in this recall.
The heating and AC control knobs may fracture and spin on the control shafts. The driver may not be able to control the heating and ventilation for the vehicle. If this happens when the defrost system is needed, visibility could be reduced, which could lead to a crash. Dealers will replace all of the heating and AC control knobs free of charge. The recall began March 11, 2010. The GM recall number is 10012.