2001 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Chevrolet Express 1500
- Need help with ABS issues - removed fuse, still loud grinding noise when braking
- Engine turns over but will not crank. Checked related parts
- I have a 2001 Chevy 1500 Express Van & the Oil Pressure is low. Any suggestions?
- leak to rear air cond. how to repair.,shop said dont know where leak is.
- how to take plugs out of 2001 express van
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2001 Chevrolet Express 1500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
2001 Chevrolet Express 1500 Questions
Today after researching, found that until we can fix our ABS systems issues, the best thing to do would be to unplug the fuses and disable the ABS system. It was kicking on at very low speeds and grinding. The light had been on forever, but suddenly - last 3 or 4 days, it was kicking on at very l...
Fuel pump works, fuel filter new, checked fuel test port (getting fuel), new spark plugs spark, iginition coil works. Replaced dist cap and rotor. Equipped with SFI system but testing is limited. Cannot verify fuel presence in ports. No known fuel system fault at this time.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am also trying to remove the drain plug on the oil pan and it is stripped. Is there a way to easily remove it and fix it? Thank you very much for the help. :-)
2001 Chevrolet Express 1500 Reviews
Needed a gasket replaced and in the same year fuel pump. Hoping this will be it. Other than those problems, good reliable vehicle.