1998 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Express 1500
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- my van wont start, not sure if the fuel pump went out or if its possible the fuel filter is plugged up.
- my van wont start, turns over just wont start
- why cant i go over 50 mph?
- If I provide a remanufactured, OEM engine (v8, 5.7 liter), how many hours should it take for a shop to swap it out with my current (bad) one?
- what caused Speedometer to Quite & Transmission to shift hard all at the same ti
1998 Chevrolet Express 1500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
1998 Chevrolet Express 1500 Questions
speed meter stopped working & now Transmission shifts hard & ABS Brake light came on
engine in morning runs fine.when outside temps rise,van starts to miss. throws 307 code.when engine cools or outside temp goes down, like after a rain, van runs fine again. a/c or load almost always starts the problem. i have spider injectors(expensive) so want to make sure i'm not replacing ...
1998 Chevrolet Express 1500 Reviews
I own a 1998 chevrolet Express, I don't know if it's a 1500 or 2500 it's a v8, but I don't know if it's a 5.0L or a 5.7L
Best vehicle i have ever owned. I love it. Hauls my family of 7 around along with all of our luggage, and still has plenty of room to spare. Never had to do anything but change the fluids (and one O2 sensor)
Mine is 12 now and have had no major problems so far. Great reliable van.