1997 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Express 1500
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Why doesn't it blow cold air in the front or rear??
- 97 express van 1500 5.0 vin#M having trouble starting, staying on and hesitates.
- why is rear brake drum shoe with longer total lining the secondary shoe?
- What is the gap when you replace the spark plug?
- what well make the brake on front driver side get hot and smoke an squeeingsound
1997 Chevrolet Express 1500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
1997 Chevrolet Express 1500 Questions
the chevy van has been pulling to passenger side when you put on brakes and now it heat up the front driving side and the rotor and brake pads are in the metal.when you put the brake on to stop or slow down the van the brakes on the driver side stay on enough to bogg the van down and heat up if i...
working normally. datastream on scanner ranges from 0-5 degrees F for coolant temp. Are there separate sensors ? Just recently installed new battery. Any advice?
1997 Chevrolet Express 1500 Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Express 1500 Reviews
I went to have my van smog check but it failed due to bad O2 sensor Bank 1 sensor 3. replaced a new sensor but still having a note that read on the gauge panel: Service engine soon. What is your suggestion in order for the van to pass the smog check. Your recommendation is highly appreciated.