1996 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Express 1500
- this van will start and run for about an hour then shut down and will just spin over, let set for 15 to 20 min.will restart, only to shut down again need help to get this going again thanks
- I had recently changed the optima spark/coil and ignition module.
- what tools do we need for replacing the whole rear end of the 1500 van both axle
- Can I still drive my van after clearing out the po 303 code.
- whats the fuel pressure for a 96 chevy van express 1500?
1996 Chevrolet Express 1500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
1996 Chevrolet Express 1500 Questions
already changed fuel pump, fuelpump relays, oil pressure switch, crank sensor, coil, icm
would it be easier to replace the rear axles and the differential using a used rear end from a different chevrolet 1500 van with a 5.7L engine
After replacing crank sensor,fuel filter, fuel pump,spark plugs,plug wires,cap and rotor the po303 code comes back on after a while. I plan on taking a little trip in it,will I break down or cause a bigger problem. The van seems to run fine. Just runs a little ruff for about a minute then seems f...