2009 Chevrolet Equinox Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Chevrolet Equinox
- The paint on both sides over the doors has peeled off. any recalls black paint?
- I replced a driver side brake light and the light works.and still does not work
- Engine Hot AC Off indicator is on. What does it mean and can I still drive Auto
- How much will repairs/ service cost? How long to repair? Will problem persist?
- Hard, scraping sound on drivers front side when I hit a bump. Why? Price to fix?
2009 Chevrolet Equinox Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
2009 Chevrolet Equinox Questions
Driver side started peeling in a wavy pattern from the roof first now in the last two days the passenger side has started!!
Changing lanes and turning