2009 Chevrolet Equinox Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Chevrolet Equinox
- My blinkers have to be manually turned off after I give a signal.
- What causes the low beam lights not to come on but the high beams come on.
- How much should I expect to pay for gas gauge needle stuck
- Car will idle without running hot but will run hot after about 10 miles of drivi
- How do you remove the cover of the console where the shifter is?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Chevrolet Equinox Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
2009 Chevrolet Equinox Questions
Changing lanes and turning
Light switch is so on auto the low beams do not work but flick the lever to switch to high beam and they come on.
My needle shows the tank is always full and I know I only have at most a half a tank of gas in there. Is this an expensive repair and what is involved? When I turn engine off it goes to about the half way mark.