2006 Chevrolet Equinox Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Chevrolet Equinox Problems
The AC system may not blow cold at times. In many cases, replacement of the AC compressor has corrected this issue.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The day time running lights (DRL) resistor may fail causing the daytime running lights to stop working. Our technicians tell us a failed resistor will require replacement.
2006 Chevrolet Equinox Questions
This morning the check engine light came one followed by the reduced engine power light. I turned it off, waited a few minutes, and turned it back on, drove fine. Went out for lunch, reduced engine power again, can't go anywhere... Any idea what could be wrong?
How to trouble shoot?
It is the front bumper cover.
2006 Chevrolet Equinox Reviews
this car is built in CANADA by suzuki.found that out the hard way.the engine is chinese and the trans in jap. chey claims "american" yeah my butt.the door panels fell off,the over head map lights break at the slightest touch.rear outer door panle fell off.tailgate inner door panel fell off.replaced rotors at 45000.it has 75000 and needs them again.it burns oil like a oil fired steam locomotive ...
The key goes in and sometimes locks up. Had it to the shop and there is a special Chev lubricant you have to use to lubricate it. We also had to have the Trans Cooler replaced it started leaking.
I know a lot about cars so I thought I needed to changed my ignition switch cylinder and I did but when I turned the key a light on the dashboard came on that said lock,..is there a key code that I need to know about and if so where can i find this key code is there anybody that can tell me.Thank-you in advanced. desperately needing help with this one. from Cj