2006 Chevrolet Corvette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Corvette
- Recently replaced exhaust and 02 sensors and won't pass smog
- During a spark plug replacement, should the wires & coils be changed?
- What is the cost of replacing a crankshaft pulley?
- What is the average cost to replace, my water pump in my 2006 Corvette Coupe?
- what is code P1825 internal mode switch 2006 corvette mean
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
One or both secondary air injection check valves may become restricted causing poor air flow resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. It is often recommend to replace both check valves even if a fault code is set for only one bank of cylinders. Replacing only one valve may result in a return trip to the repair shop.
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Questions
Still won't clear 3 monitors.
06 corvette coupe.
Shop says crankshaft pulley membrane is coming apart and needs to be replaced.
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Recalls
The underhood bussed electrical center (fuse box) can expand causing the low beam relay to flex. Over time this can cause the relay to fail, resulting in loss of low beam headlight operation. Loss of headlight operation can affect the drivers ability see and be seen, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the underhood bussed electrical housing unit to correct this concern. 2008-2013 Chevrolet Corvettes will be covered under customer satisfaction program number 14203 for the same issue.
In certain cases, repeated movement of the steering column on vehicles equipped with tilt andtelescoping options may cause a signal interruption with the column. If this were to occur, the "service active handling system" message would be displayed. One or more of the brakes could apply, possibly causing the vehicle to pull to the left or right. Failure of the driver to react to the change in vehicle movement could result in a crash. Dealers will perform repairs necessary to correct this issue. This recall is expected to begin on April 30, 2010. The General Motors recall number is 10118.
The adhesive bonding the roof panel to its frame may separate. Partial separation could result in one or more of the following: snapping noise over bumps, wind noise, poor roof panel fit, roof panel movement when a door is closed, or a water leak. Total separation while the vehicle is in motion could result in personal injury or property damage. Dealers will install a new roof panel to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin during April 2010. The General Motors recall number is 90230.
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews
my o6 conv. is agood car but it has problems, my driver's door glass used to go down a little when you opened the door and go back up when closed, about 3 weeks ago it quit going back up when you closed the door. I was wondering if any one else had this problem on their c6 convertible.
I have every problem with my corvette. My car did the same thing they replaced the door window switch.The 2006 is a junk car. Mine has been in the shop 145 days off and on for many problems. Seat belt lock up,transmission,roof,new computer system,window problems.I use to shut the driver door and the passanger window would go down.Never got every thing fixed had to sue GM.