2000 Chevrolet Corvette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Chevrolet Corvette
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Chevrolet Corvette Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
The service steering column lock message may be displayed, the engine may start and stall when put into gear. Our technicians tell us that this fault is related to the anti-theft system and the steering column lock system must be repaired as necessary. Certain models were recalled for this issue. For more information on this recall please click here»
2000 Chevrolet Corvette Questions
I changed the belt prior to the harmonic balancer & 4 times after the balancer-even tried a Gator back belt, changed the tensioner also. I isolated it to the main belt. Took it to Chevy mechanic claimed dirty pulleys-cleaned them all, they put on a new belt-one month later same morning chirps...
My oil pressure gauge is pegged at 80 psi - the sender needs to be replaced, is this something I can do?
2000 Chevrolet Corvette Recalls
2000 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews
My 5th Corvette since '62. Sex on wheels. The best I've ever had. I test drove the 2008 and didn't like it as well. The interior was cheap by comparison. I don't drive this one hard but had to replace the transmission at 110,000... big surprise. Nevertheless, Corvette's are an incredible ride.
Best vehicle I've ever owned. I get behind the wheel and a smile comes to my face. Great power, acceleration, braking, handling, and fun.
I've owned this car for one year now, around 71,000 miles on the odometer. The only issue I've had was to replace a headlight motor when the headlight failed to "flip up". Handles beautifully, gobs of power, very comfortable, fuel efficient, and reliable. I don't drive it in the rain or snow, so enjoyment is limited to the warmer seasons. It is a beautiful and sexy car that attracts attention.