1992 Chevrolet Corvette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chevrolet Corvette
- Dead battery replaced with new one. Still won't crank over. What am I missing?
- hesitation under load
- ICM I have no clue what it stands for i have a 1992 vette lt1
- cranks but no start then suddenly will start like some sensor is telling it not
- The e-brake light on the dash rem jusains on even though the brake is disengaged
1992 Chevrolet Corvette Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
1992 Chevrolet Corvette Questions
Car stored over winter. 6-year old battery went dead and replaced with new one today. Charged up new battery, but still won't crank over engine. Is there something I'm missing here?
1) car stumbles at about 1500-2000rpm under load like its about to stall (sometimes does) also there is knocking coming from the valve train
2) does not happen in neutral
3) catalytic converters were replaced two weeks ago as were vacuum hoses (visable ones)
4) cleaned throttle body and rem...
what is an ICM I here people talk about it have no clue what it is Larry
1992 Chevrolet Corvette Recalls
1992 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews
basicly for a 17 year old car with only 58000 miles it is fairly decent Though I would think the engine would have alot more spunk that it does, any simple inexpensive and quick ideas Larry e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org