1996 Chevrolet Corsica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Corsica
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- High Pressure Power Steering Hose Can Leak Fluid
- Torque Converter Clutch Can Stick After Extended Freeway Driving
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Car Won't Start Due to Ignition Coil/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Chevrolet Corsica Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
1996 Chevrolet Corsica Questions
I just got the spark plugs done and i know i have to get the valves done but its been misfiring for two days now
also you have to push gas pedle a little for it to start it runs fine plenty of power idle racing up and down getting more often
My car suddenly started to act like it's missing and going up hills looses speed and power, starts popping from under the hood like sputtering and is idleing very rough what could it be.
1996 Chevrolet Corsica Reviews
96 corsica Good strong running car i have seen and driven alot worse 2.2 4 cylinder version very reliable much more so than any import ive seen its weathered the elements snow included all its life still starts right up cant say the same for my brothers newer toyota lol my only problem is today it stalled on me goin 10 mph down a private road right after startup im thinking i should let her war...
Wonderful car! I bought it used and other than normal routine maint., I have had no major issues. 155K and still rolling strong!!