1994 Chevrolet Corsica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Chevrolet Corsica
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- High Pressure Power Steering Hose Can Leak Fluid
- Torque Converter Clutch Can Stick After Extended Freeway Driving
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Car Won't Start Due to Ignition Coil/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- 3.1 chevy corsica.in park it revs fine, put in gear, idles good, won't rev ?
- Gas is going into the oil. I fill up with gas and 2-3 days later the gas is gone
- changed sparks plugs,got a little better but still having bad gas mileage.
- Oil pan replacement cost?
- How do i replace the powersteering pressure hose and what tools do i need?
1994 Chevrolet Corsica Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
1994 Chevrolet Corsica Questions
It runs great at park or neutral, but in any gear it dies like it has been shut off by either gas or spark. but if you give it full power it takes off like it should. So you have goog power at idle and a little aboue then no power floor it and it takes off. I have been a mechanic for 50 years a...
I was told an injector was stuck open or a fuel rail was bad. The back spark plugs have not been changed because my husband doesn't know how.
I didn't change the wires.I cleaned the filter, and changed the spark plugs.the mileage got a little better,but it still seems to be bad. does distributor cap have anything to do with that? I din't check to see if it is burnt.I do't know how to find these diagnostic codes people write...
1994 Chevrolet Corsica Recalls
1994 Chevrolet Corsica Reviews
for a free car it has been very reliable
I owned a 1994 chevy corsica. I bought it when it was only four years old. It was by far the worst car I have ever owned. I spent a fortune repairing practically everything in the engine compartment including the engine. Everyone that I know that also owned one of these cars for a while says the same thing about this car. It is a lemon. I bought a 1993 corolla after this car, its 17 year...
I have a 94 Corsica V-6, runs great with the exception of driving in the winter time. The heat does not warm up the car. It provides enough to keep the windows clear but the car warm. Also, when you have it on defrost it blows out the vents first then in goes to defrost and it alternates between the two. Any have any ideas on how to fix this?