1992 Chevrolet Corsica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chevrolet Corsica
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- High Pressure Power Steering Hose Can Leak Fluid
- Torque Converter Clutch Can Stick After Extended Freeway Driving
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Car Won't Start Due to Ignition Coil/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Chevrolet Corsica Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
1992 Chevrolet Corsica Questions
have and estimate from one mechanic of $493.23.
i drove to the store and when i came out the car would not turn over the battery is ok all lights and horn worked
I need to find out how to remove the dashboard from my 92 Corsica. I need to replace it and can't get the old one out. If you can help I would appreciate it.
1992 Chevrolet Corsica Recalls
1992 Chevrolet Corsica Reviews
I have a 92 Corsica with a 3.1l engine we call Tinkerbelle. I've had to replace the ignition module and CPS twice, and redo all the engine vaccumn lines (plastic lines Under hot metal, not exactly thinking GM were we?) and it has a leak i'm still trying to locate, but all thinks considered it's an ok car. I wish it had more room to work on, but I have the same complaint on most cars. For the...
I owned a 1992 3.1 chevy corsica. I brought it for 300 dollars as soon i turned 16. It's run great but causes few problems, i had changes new alternator, water pump, brake lines, brake cylinder, front rotors, brake pads and right now it had 189xxxx mileage on it. its run strong and good on gas mileage. had few performance parts on my vehicle.