2010 Chevrolet Colorado Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Chevrolet Colorado
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Chevrolet Colorado Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.
2010 Chevrolet Colorado Questions
engine controls fine, cruise control works, no codes, Worked intermittently now has stopped at full deflection/ scale. Looked underneath, wiring looked fine on tranny housing. Could the sensor be located on the engine?
where is the OBD-II port on 2010 chevy colorado
2010 Chevrolet Colorado Recalls
The front hood is secured by two latches, the primary and secondary latch. The secondary latch prevents the hood from opening when the primary latch has been activated. These vehicles are being recalled because some may have been assembled without a secondary hood latch. With this latch missing, if the primary latch is not properly engaged the hood could open unexpectedly while driving. This could obstruct the view of the driver, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the hood on the affected vehicles to correct this concern.
General Motors is recalling certain 2004–2011 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, and Isuzu regular and extended cab models without a rear seat and equipped with a 60/40 front bench split seat for failing to comply with federal safety standards on child restraint anchorage systems. The top tether anchor for the front center seat is not accessible and the manual provides no instruction on its use. In order to correct the problem, dealers will cut a hole in the back panel trim cover to allow access to the top tether anchor and will provide supplemental instructions on the use of the top tether.