2006 Chevrolet Colorado Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Chevrolet Colorado
- does my 2006 Chevy Colorado need water in the battery?
- after i had disconnected c2 pcm harness connector while battery cabled the engi
- recently the radio back lighting on channels 1,2 and 3 cant be seen at night?
- why would the a/c quit working on fan speed 3 but be ok on 1,2,and 4
- My windshield wiper and power Windows don't work from time to time
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Problems
The heater - AC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block.
The CD player in the radio may fail. Our technicians tell us that the radio will need to be removed and sent out to a radio repair shop to correct this condition.
The engine may develop a misfire due to worn valve seats. This fault will cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Replacement of the cylinder head may be required to correct this concern.
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Questions
Since 2009, the windshield wiper, driver side, would just do 1 sweep of the windshield unexpectedly now and again. The the radio channel button lights wont come on - they change channels but can't be seenat night. The cd player just quit playiing cd's-says reading cd but doesn't. N...
all of a suddeen fan speed 3 quit working. speeds 1,3,4, all fine!
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Recalls
General Motors is recalling certain 2004–2011 Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, and Isuzu regular and extended cab models without a rear seat and equipped with a 60/40 front bench split seat for failing to comply with federal safety standards on child restraint anchorage systems. The top tether anchor for the front center seat is not accessible and the manual provides no instruction on its use. In order to correct the problem, dealers will cut a hole in the back panel trim cover to allow access to the top tether anchor and will provide supplemental instructions on the use of the top tether.
General Motors is recalling various 2004–2009 models in twelve Southern and Southwestern states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands due to contamination in the brake lamp switch, which may cause the brake lamps to fail or stay on continuously. This could lead to a crash since other drivers may not be aware of the operator's intentions. Dealers will inspect and replace the necessary components free of charge. For more information, call Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438, GMC at 1-866-996-9463, or Isuzu at 1-800-255-6727.
The brake lights may fail to illuminate, or illuminate at all times. In this condition, the cruise control will not function. If towing a trailer connected to the brake lamp wiring, the trailer lights will also be affected. A following driver may not know when the brakes are applied, increasing the risk of a rear-end crash. Dealers will replace the brake lamp switch assembly. The recall began December 5, 2006. The GM recall number is 06030.
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Reviews
would like to know, how to change the spark pluges. it should not cost $300.00 and they say the trottle body need repacemt @ a price of 675.00
problems non-stop! I WILL NEVER BUY CHEVY EVER AGAIN!!!!
I have had no real trouble with my 2006 truck. Have replaced the brakes (probably due to my driving), but have no other real issues. The engine light has come on a couple of times. Changed the oil regularly and rotated tires. One thing that has aggravated me is the front tires seem to wear on the inside, but it does not appear to be out of line. Thanks!