2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
- the front passenger seat is jammed about 3/4 in forward position lever is broken
- I need to know how to repair a front passenger seat which is jammed
- Can having to replace ignition switch cause other problems with electrical syste
- I was driving & I would push gas petal all the way to floor & was barely moving
- I need advice on how to troubleshoot a mechanical or electrical problem?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Problems
The automatic transmission shifter in floor console may fail causing the key to become stuck in the ignition lock cylinder. GM has recalled 2009 models for a shift cable issue which may or may not contribute to this issue. For more information on the recall please click here»
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Questions
Took 08 cobalt in to replace ignition switch.now they say car won't start I have to replace theft detection module is this seem right¿?
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Recalls
In order to help prevent rollaway type accidents, all late model vehicles are designed so that the transmission must be in park (or reverse for a manual transmission) before the ignition switch can be turned to the "off" position and the key removed. These vehicles are being recalled because the key can be removed when the ignition is not in the "off" position, increasing the risk of a rollaway type accident. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and replace the ignition lock cylinder as necessary. 2 new keys will also be supplied and programmed as required.
Certain vehicles originally sold in, or currently registered in, the states of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, or Texas are being recalled because the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump module may crack, resulting in a fuel leak. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel pump module to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12190.
The driver may experience a sudden loss of power steering assist. If power steering assist is lost, it would require greater driver effort to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the electric power steering motor to correct this concern. This recall is being implemented on a rolling basis beginning March 29, 2010 trough November of 2010. The General Motors recall number is 10023.
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Reviews
I Hate this car its the biggest piece of crap i ever owned!
I purchased my cobalt new and put a gm performance air cleaner on. I now have 72000 miles on it and it looks and runs great. Oh I did have to put tires on it. I will trade it in someday (when it wears out) for a new cobalt again
I purchased a base LS sedan one month ago. This car is awesome. Excellent fuel mileage, the car has great pick up. Cute little car, but copuld use just a tad more interior room.