2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
- Can't get gear shifter into Park.
- I started car,but then it won't go into any gear. The gear shift moves,car won't
- Why does my car smell like it is burning oil but the dipstick says it is full??
- Slow acceleration and blinking service engine light
- I was told by firestone that I need to replace the whole wiper linkage
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
I got the valve cover replace sometime in may which helped most of the leak but it is still leaking oil from somewhere. Not sure where cause all the undercarriage is covered in oil. I was driving on the highway the other day when a burning smell came from my car. Stopped on the side of the road a...
Is my 2004 Cavalier on the recall list for ignition switches
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
On 37 vehicles, the passenger-side rear safety belt may have been installed with an incorrect nut and bolt. In a severe crash, the upper seat belt anchorage may separate, reducing the effectiveness of the seat belt and increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will inspect the safety belt anchorage and install a new nut and bolt. The recall began August 23, 2004. The GM recall number is 04056.
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
Chevy POS is what they should have named it. It always needs something done to it even though I take complete care of it with good gas not the cheap water crap, plus I add gas additives routinely, and I get all the routine maintenance. I have always taken good care of my car and usually never have a problem, but this one is nothing but a money pit. Not my first car but my first Chevy and defini...
This car is a cheap poor built car its like a trash can on wheels makes a yugo a lincoln what a piece of junk do not waste your money on one of these chevy should of named it the pinto two just junk no power as bad as a junk neon complete trash chevy should recall all of these
Bought this car when it was only 4 years old at a GM dealership, terrible car, worst I have ever had, dealerships service was completely inept, in the 50,000 miles I have gotten out of this car pretty much everything but the engine has had to be replaced, I will never buy another Chevrolet or purchase at a GM dealer again. Complete and total garbage.