2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier
- When I start my Cavalier the check engine light won't come on how can I fix this
- what causes the dash gauges to sometimes operate and sometimes not.
- I had a new not repaired catalytic converted put in last year. Now eng light on.
- the windows won't let down
- Car won't start. Good battery, started and fuel pump.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
At the Echeck station they said because the light won't come on they can not pass my car so that I can get new tags. I went and bought a new panel cluster but the light still will not come on. I have no idea of what I should do.
My Chevy Cavalier has lost most all power. When you turn the key on there is no dash lights and car doesn't make a sound. But the headlights work when turned on. Starter has been tested.
before replacing gear shift cable, we were able to crank the car from ignition, now it will not. however cranking it at the starter works. what could have happen?
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
Recall applies to bi-fuel optioned Cavalier only. Federal standards require at least two levels of instrumentation illumination and the lights are stuck at the full level, making it difficult to see objects outside of the vehicle at night. Dealers will replace the fuel type indicator switch, which includes the instrumentation illumination control.
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
250,000 miles on it and it's humming like a little birdie... I'm planning on taking it way into the 300,000s. I drive a bunch, mostly back roads, about 100-200 miles a day. Has a good mpg, surprisingly - cause it's a tank. Two years after I got it (2004), a 16-wheeler rolled into it, I was told at a shop it was a goner, but fixed it for $350 replacing the radiator by a friendly mechanic. Had...