1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
- my car ran about 10 minutes to warm up and the quit
- today, the battery sensor lit up
- car had been running great until coming home from work when out of nowhere made a sort of clicking noise and engine died.lights all work,cranks over fine.codes: po140/po141/po335/po341/po342/po140pd/po141pd.im guessing timing chain?
- I feel like I'm getting ripped off! The shop wants $310 to replace plastic part
- How much does the anti theft sensor cost
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
The battery was replaced 2 weeks ago and the alternator was replaced in 2012. does the alternator need to be replaced already or what else could the problem be.
The engine is leaking coolant. Same problem a year ago, a different (supposedly) plastic part cost $279 to replace. How many plastic parts are connected to the coolant system?!!!
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
Love this cute little booger of a car, leant it out when I got somethin more accomodating to four kids. Person who borrowed it blew the 2.4L 4cyl (OHC) because he failed to repair the oil small oil leak and waterpump. This was work I had planned to do, but he said he would do it in order to borrow the car because he didn't have a vehicle. I told him he had to replace the motor, but he repla...
I bought my car in 05 with 138,000 miles on it. replaced the clutch, two sets of tires and some marker lights. minor electrical issues with the daytime running lamps and high beams due to corrosion from roadspray in the wintertime and missing plastic underneath i assume. the car has 230,000+ on it and runs and drives beautifully. minor rust around the gas door and rocker panels. no leaks. aweso...
Great car. Have had to replace a few items but she has 118,000 miles on her what do u expect? But i guess this was to good of a car for Cheve to keep makeing. They did the same thing with the Chevett, it ran so good that they had to quit makeing them. Why would a company do that? You have a great product so you quit makeing it? oh well, and we wonder why people by fouren cars........