1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
- where is the torque converter clutch solonoid located under the tranny pan
- How much is too much to invest in a project?
- Car won't start. No lights,no noise. Jump no start. Wait then starts,any ideas?
- how to pull passlock codes on my vechicle 97 cavalier 2.2L eng
- Oil looks ok, but oil in antifreeze. Car slows on incline. What causes this?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
Got this Z24, always wanted this or a Camaro. Got it for less than $500. Body, engine, electrical, interior all in great shape. Had to clean engine and some connections but its all good now. Under is super rusted. Replaced brake lines, wheel bearing, struts, tires, exhaust and now about to put a ...
Just had front wheel bearings and all brake lines done. After got home and sat for awhile went to leave unlocked power locks, turned key heard a slight pop, dash lights flashed quick then dark...nothing. Car did and said nothing. Had no power, didn't smell anything. Tried to jump, still nothi...
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
I bought my car in 05 with 138,000 miles on it. replaced the clutch, two sets of tires and some marker lights. minor electrical issues with the daytime running lamps and high beams due to corrosion from roadspray in the wintertime and missing plastic underneath i assume. the car has 230,000+ on it and runs and drives beautifully. minor rust around the gas door and rocker panels. no leaks. aweso...
Love this cute little booger of a car, leant it out when I got somethin more accomodating to four kids. Person who borrowed it blew the 2.4L 4cyl (OHC) because he failed to repair the oil small oil leak and waterpump. This was work I had planned to do, but he said he would do it in order to borrow the car because he didn't have a vehicle. I told him he had to replace the motor, but he repla...
Great car. Have had to replace a few items but she has 118,000 miles on her what do u expect? But i guess this was to good of a car for Cheve to keep makeing. They did the same thing with the Chevett, it ran so good that they had to quit makeing them. Why would a company do that? You have a great product so you quit makeing it? oh well, and we wonder why people by fouren cars........