1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The turn signal switch in the steering column may fail causing the turn signals not to work on one or both sides.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
i have key wont turn at all
When driving my car when i let off the gas i notice a steady clicking sound that seems to follow the tire rotation. I have checked for rocks nails ect. Jacked car up checked for play in hub assembly and cv axel, brake pads are good, no rust on rotor faces, searched for loose peices, cant find a...
alternator checked good on machine on car less than 11v good battery could the starter cause problems or should I replace pos cables I did get new alt anyway bearings sounded rough and its VERY diffacult to remove and don't want to experience again Thank you for any input PS before removin...
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
nothing but problems with radiator and overheating. I only drive to and from work (6 miles each way) and have had to replace both radiator and head gasket 2x
I bought my 1996 cavalier brand new....i have 225545 miles on it..it uses no oil...it runs like a gem...i plan on running it until the wheels fall off...it is great on gas...i hope to get to 300,000 miles on it....i wish they still made them...because when this one is finally done....i would buy another one...it is starating to rust, but i have driven it every winter and they have been rough wi...
I had a 1984 and put 483,000 miles on it. Floor went through before car died.