1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
- Why can I drive it to the end of the street and back, then its dead next time?
- battery connected ignition on check gauges staying on & motor runs rough
- how much it will cost me to have the bearings inside the engine replaced?
- Battery light is flickering. wires are ok. but something is shorting the battery
- Why wont my wipers work?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Problems
The rubber section of an automatic transmission cooler line may develop a fluid leak . In some cases the leaking section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this concern.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
i have been rebuilding this car and am wondering if I have messed up the computer some how......When the batter is connected and the ignition switch is on, the check gauges are staying on and the motor is running very rough
I have an engine knock coming from the crank shaft area. thinking the bearings are going. poured thick oil down there to cushion it. how much will it cost me to have them replaced?
Any ideas? Sensor is ok too!
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews
I bought this car twice..it had 80,000 miles on it.Then the second time around it had 185,000 miles on it 9 years later and it still runs great.Overall it has been good on mileage at 33 miles on the hwy and 28 in the city.