1996 Chevrolet Caprice Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet Caprice
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Problems
The auto level ride compressor may fail causing the rear of the vehicle to ride to high or too low.
The idler arm or pitman arm may wear causing looseness in the steering. When this occurs the front suspension will not be able to be aligned correctly.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Questions
when my gas gauge reaches 1/4 tank it starts to bounce to full then back to 1/4. this goes on for a while then just sticks at full
and other days it will shut off well im driving
I have a 96 Caprice (LT1 5.7) and I need to repalce the rear break shoes and drums but I see there are two sizes available for the drums. How I can find out what size I need with out manually measuring them myself?
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Recalls
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Reviews
I'm on my forth Caprice. My latest car had only 26K miles on it when I purchased it. Now at 44K miles,2 yrs later. All of my cars have been trouble free. Two cars were 9C1 models,ex police cars with around 100K miles when bought. One 9C1 had over 260K miles when I sold it,it still ran great,used no oil. These 9C1's were ran hard by the PD and me as well,I would not have a problem going cro...
Greatest year of Caprice- 1996! Of course, I am biased because I own that year. However, I do suggest you not go to southern florida looking for hard to find parts. I went to the wrecking yard to find a fender from where some jerk hit me while parked. THERE WERE NONE TO BE FOUND. The only complaints I have are electronic distributor being underneath the water pump. HELLO???? It's way worse than...