1992 Chevrolet Caprice Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chevrolet Caprice
- why won't my car start when it gets below 32 degrees?
- My car will start but it won't stay Crunk if I'm not pushing on the gas
- Why would my 92 Chevrolet caprice not start after driving for awhile
- Wiper motor install problem?
- What doe's it mean when your caprice makes a rattling noise when you accelerate?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Chevrolet Caprice Problems
The idler arm or pitman arm may wear causing looseness in the steering. When this occurs the front suspension will not be able to be aligned correctly.
The auto level ride compressor may fail causing the rear of the vehicle to ride to high or too low.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
1992 Chevrolet Caprice Questions
It will start if it has been in the garage or if it's above 32 degrees. I was told to replace the coolant temp sensor because when they go bad they read -40 degrees & dump to much fuel into the motor causing it to flood. What else could be the issue causing it to not start. 92 caprice wag...
Old motor works, but runs slow (and only on high). Replaced the motor and now have full power, but inside spindle won't turn, so wipers only go up 4". Put old motor back on and spindle turns fine and wipers go all the way up (super slow). Second motor is an exact match for my vehicle. W...
1992 Chevrolet Caprice Recalls
1992 Chevrolet Caprice Reviews
I traded a Blazer straight across for this car and have had it for a year and a half now. It is very sound and stable, handles well at any speed, gets about 28 MPG on the highway and 20 MPG in town.